First Presbyterian Church participates in a variety of mission fields throughout the year. Check out some of the ways that we joyfully serve our neighbors.
Kenya Children’s Fund
We can’t change the whole world but we can change one child’s world.
SFPC participates in the sponsorship of children so may they have the opportunity to attend The Kinyago-Dandora Schools located in the slums of Nairobi in Kenya, East Africa. Africa slums are not child-friendly. Playing hide and seek with disease, malnutrition, crime and drug abuse, young children are robbed of the joys of childhood. In 1987, the Kenya Children’s Fund (KCF) was started by John & Barbara Schwartz. A non-profit Christian organization that seeks to transform lives of the Kenya impoverished children by providing education, nutrition and medical care in a moral and spiritual environment.
In addition, our monthly missions support these organizations:
- January: Local & Global Outreach (Pastor’s Helping Hand)
- February: CAP Agency – Food shelves (Local Mission)
- March: One Great Hour of Sharing (Presbytery Mission)
- April: Habitat for Humanity (Local Mission) & Easter Baskets/Kenya Kids (International Mission)
- May: Peace and Global Witness (Presbytery Mission)
- June: College of the Ozarks (National Mission)
- July: Southern Alliance for Battered Women (Local Mission)
- August: Back to School (Local Mission)
- September: Heifer Project (International Mission)
- October: Operation Christmas Child (International Mission)
- November: CAP Agency – Adopt a Family/Senior (Local Mission)
- December: Christmas Joy (Presbytery Mission) & CAP Agency – Mittens, hats, & gloves (Local Mission)