First Presbyterian Church participates in a variety of mission fields throughout the year. Check out some of the ways that we joyfully serve our neighbors.
Kenya Children’s Fund
We can’t change the whole world but we can change one child’s world.
SFPC participates in the sponsorship of children so may they have the opportunity to attend The Kinyago-Dandora Schools located in the slums of Nairobi in Kenya, East Africa. Africa slums are not child-friendly. Playing hide and seek with disease, malnutrition, crime and drug abuse, young children are robbed of the joys of childhood. In 1987, the Kenya Children’s Fund (KCF) was started by John & Barbara Schwartz. A non-profit Christian organization that seeks to transform lives of the Kenya impoverished children by providing education, nutrition and medical care in a moral and spiritual environment.
In addition, our monthly missions support these organizations:
- January – Local & Global Outreach
- February – Foodshelves
- March – One Great Hour of Sharing
- April – Habitat for Humanity
- May – Prison Ministry
- June – College of the Ozarks
- July – Pastor’s Helping Hand
- August – Back to School
- September – Heifer Project
- October – Union Gospel Missions
- November – Peace & Global Witness
- December – Christmas Joy Offering/Cap Agency