Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” -Matthew 19:14
Our mission is to provide a vibrant and sustainable youth ministry where our children are growing in their relationship with Christ. We focus on providing opportunities for young people to learn how to live out their faith in meaningful and appropriate ways and at all times.
We will know that our youth have a solid Christian identity and our ministry is vibrant when our youth are able to:
- identify themselves as a children of God
- actively engage in the life of the community
- willingly set aside time to be present at church
- accept challenges with a joyful attitude
- seek to be in relationship with God in their individual daily lives
- engage with members of the congregation outside of their peer group
- behave as good ambassadors of our congregation, demonstrating God’s message of love and grace
- demonstrate ownership of their faith and become leaders in the church
- speak openly about their faith and ask probing questions about what it means to be in relationship with God
- constructively challenge existing beliefs and structures that exploit the vulnerable, and
- risk their own comfort to participate in what God is doing to bring about the Kingdom of God here and now.